Common Ground's 8th ANNUAL EDIBLE LANDSCAPING TOUR
is coming right up!
Saturday, July 19th, 2014 10 am -4pm
Palo Alto, CA
If you enjoy touring gardens or need clever ideas for your garden, then you don't want to miss this annual event!
This is a critical fundraiser for my friends at Common Ground, a 501(c)3 nonprofit project of Ecology Action. Enjoy a memorable and educational day and show your support too!
Besides visiting ten beautiful gardens all with an edible landscape theme, you'll also see how these suburban residents practice organic and sustainable methods.
For descriptions of the gardens on this year's tour go here
|Veggies and flowers thrive together in this edible landscape|
- Water saving and efficiency techniques, including "Laundry to Landscape" (gray water system)
- Fruit trees, raised beds, and lots of vegetables
- Chickens & coops, bees and beehives
- Herb, flower & California native plantings,
- Examples of edible front yard gardens
- Tour the Common Ground education garden
|Common Ground's Patricia Becker (right) with a garden tour host|
This year the Edible Landscaping Tour is featuring lots of front yard edible gardens. Gone are the days when vegetable gardens were considered inappropriate for the front yard. Come see a variety of gardens demonstrating that growing food is not just practical, but beautiful!
|Veggie harvest, complete with fresh artichokes|
Photos: Patricia Larenas, Urban Artichoke